Previously CEO at HC Energía, Chairman of Genesa and Member of the Board of Naturgas Energia and OMEL.
2006: Member of the Board of Directors of EDP – Energias de Portugal, S.A. (reelected in 2009).
2003-2005: EDP General Manager and Member of the Board of EDP Produção.
2002-2003: Member of the Board of Banco Português de Negócios.
1995-2002: General Manager of Financial Management, General Manager of Large Corporates and Institutional Businesses, General Manager of the Treasury, member of the Board of Directors of BCP Banco de Investimento and Vice-Chairman of BIG Bank Gdansk in Poland.
– Degree in Economics from Instituto Superior de Economia
– Post-graduate degree in European Economics from Universidade Católica Portuguesa
– Professional education course through the American Bankers Association (1982), the academic component of the Master’s degree program in Economics at the Faculty of Economics, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
– Advanced Management Program for Overseas Bankers at the Wharton School in Philadelphia
Previously CFO and COO Distribution in EDP Energias do Brasil.
2003-2007: Head of Corporate Internal Audit at Portugal Telecom
2000-2002: Senior Financial Analyst for the Telecommunications Sector at Espírito Santo (Madrid)
1999-2000: Assistant to the Secretary of State for Treasury and Finance
– MBA – Universidade Nova de Lisboa
– Mechanical Engineering degree, by the Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa (ISEL)
– Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering by the Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa (ISEL)
Previously CEO of NEO.
2006-2007: Executive Director of EDP Gás SGPS, Director of Naturgas Energy Group, Portgás and Setgás.
2003-2006: Management team of Galp gás (Galpenergia Group), Managing Director of Lusitaniagás and Indústria Transgás.
2000-2003: Management team of Wholesale Oil & Gas, Marketing and SMEs at Galpenergia Group.
– Degree in Electrical Engineering by the Faculdade Engenharia da Universidade do Porto
– Master in Business Administration by IEP/ESADE (Oporto and Barcelona)
– Executive Development Program at École des HEC (Université de Lausanne)
– Strategic Leadership Development Program at INSEAD (Fontainebleau)
– Advanced Management Program of IESE (Barcelona)
Previously Managing Director for EDP in North America with focus in EDP’s landing in the USA and CDO in Horizon Wind Energy.
2002-2007: Gamesa Energy, Executive Director USA with overall responsibility of the company since the commencement of activities in the USA, including CEO of Navitas Energy.
1998-2002: Gamesa Energia, Business Development Manager for Europe with focus in wind development in Southern Europe (Portugal, Italy, France and Greece).
– Law Degree and a Master of Science Degree in Economics, each from the University of Deusto in Spain
– Advanced Management Program at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Previously Executive Board Member of Millennium BCP Investimento, responsible for BCP Group Treasury and Capital Markets
2006: CFO of EDP Group 2000: Executive Board Member of Millennium BCP Investimento, responsible for BCP Group Treasury and Capital Markets 1990-1996: Associate director of Millennium BCP´s financial Division, Investor Relations officer of the group, Coordinating Manager for the retail network, Head of Capital Division of Banco CSIF (now Millennium BCP), Co-Head of Investment Banking Division, Chairman and CEO of CSIF Dealer 1988: Planning and Strategy Department of Millennium BCP Group Treasury and Capital Markets
Education: – Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering – Master in Business Administration by the University of Michigan