Sustainability at EDPR
EDPR strongly believes in the importance of sustainable development. The company understands that it is imperative to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. Therefore, EDPR focuses on promoting the three areas of influence of sustainability: economic growth, social development and respect for the environment.
As part of its commitment, EDPR became signatory of the United Nations Global Compact directives for a sustainable development and has pledged to put these principles into practice and to inform society of the progress achieved.
The ten principles defined by the United Nations Global Compact are:
1. Support and protect human rights.
2. Ensure that the company is not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Uphold the principles of freedom of association and trade unions, and entitlement to collective bargaining.
4. Eliminate forced and compulsory labour.
5. Abolish any form of child labour.
6. Eradicate discrimination on the grounds of employment and occupation.
7. Support a preventive approach to environmental challenges.
8. Foster greater accountability to the environment.
9. Encourage the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technology.
Anti – Corruption
10. Companies should take a pro-active stance against all forms of corruption including extortion and criminality.