We believe in and promote the talent of our people.
We are sustainable and efficient.
We rely on excellence and innovation.
At EDPR we are committed to recruiting talented individuals who are passionate about the industry and share our principles and purposes. We search for qualified people with potential and create opportunities for current employees through mobility and development initiatives.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities in all human resources processes and promote a working environment in line with cultural diversity.
At EDPR, Work-Life Balance as well as recognition and rewards for the work accomplished are fundamental pillars. We create a climate of trust and professionalism to incentivize responsibility and excellent performance.
In the countries where we are present, we have established several measures to support work-life balance that are adapted to different demographic and geographic markets’. These initiatives allow employees to develop their professional careers in a positive work environment.
We are a family-friendly company
Fundación Másfamilia recognized EDP Renewables for their commitment to the work/life balance of their employees and for their efforts in terms of equality and diversity.
The development of our employees is a strategic objective, stimulating the acquisition of new knowledge and individual skills and aligning people’s training with the Company’s internationalization and competitive challenges.
According to the 70:20:10 model, 70% of the development comes from experiences through the role, involving the employees in their own development through challenging initiatives.
We make significant investments in training and development programs, which allows us to offer a combination of different approaches to training that include job experiences, social learning and actions that combine corporate, technical, behavioral and on the job training.
The main development programs that currently exist are:
- Lead Now Program: an advanced development program addressed to middle management with the objective of supporting them in the role they will assume as team leaders;
- Executive Development Program: a customized development program carried out with a leading business school designed to increase the business skills and leadership capabilities of EDPR top-performing employees;
- Coaching Program: designed for middle management and conducted by an external entity that provides guidance to directors of the Company that act as coaches for the program participants.
Encouraging employee mobility is a way to improve skills, share best practices and contribute towards professional and personal development. Mobility between areas and companies enables professionals to try different tasks and face new challenges. For this purpose, EDP and EDPR have implemented a Program with the main goals of:
- Strengthening culture and knowledge sharing to encourage interaction between staff with diverse personal and professional experience;
- Increasing satisfaction and productivity, as improved mobility is associated with higher levels of engagement, motivation, and satisfaction;
- Demonstrating value for employees and improving their skills, preparing and encouraging them to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
EDP University has been created to foster the development of individuals, to facilitate learning and sharing of knowledge generated within the Group and to develop the skills needed to ensure the sustainability of the businesses operated by EDP in all the geographic settings in which the company operates.
On September 2011, we launched the Renewable Energy School as part of the established corporate EDP University. With the ambition of going beyond pure training, the School emerged as a platform for sharing knowledge, experience and best practices across the company. The Renewable Energy School offers a wide variety of training programs aligned with our strategic objectives. The courses are held by employees of the Company creating a culture of knowledge sharing and guaranteeing the transfer of best practices across countries.